Fandoms In a Quote

I started working on these last night and finished them this morning. I made one for all the TV shows I've been obsessed with over the years (that I could think of). I picked a quote from each show that sums up what the show is all about. It was a bit time consuming trying to find the right quote (especially with the shows I haven't watched in a while), but I kind of enjoyed reminiscing.

Then I decided to go with the silhouette style. It needed to be something simple since I wanted the focus to be mainly on the quote. I've done this in the past (the silhouettes). They're also kind of time-consuming, but once I got into the swing of it, I was on a roll. Using "instant alpha" can be a pain. "Instant alpha" is a tool where you can erase parts of a picture. I used it here to erase the backgrounds. I took this into account while choosing pictures and tried to pick ones where the backdrop was all one color, because if there are lots of colors and stuff, it gets really tedious to erase all of it… It's hard to explain the process fully, but know that it can be time consuming and tedious.

Anyways, I picked the pictures, the quotes, then I picked background colors and complementary shadows, and voila!

I wouldn't call this my best work, some of them are pretty sloppy (like I said, instant alpha is a pain), but I had fun.

Doctor Who:
 Emma Approved:
 Friends:
 How I Met Your Mother:
 Lizzie Bennet Diaries:
 Merlin:
 Nothing Much To Do:
 Psych:
Pushing Daisies:
Sherlock:
 Supernatural:
(I kind of cheated on this one. I couldn't find just one quote
that was better than this two-liner.)
Supernatural #2

Comments

Popular Posts